Akbar Birbal Story of Field of Gold in English

Field of Gold
Field of Gold (Photo Credit Pxhere)


Sometimes, Emperor Akbar would punish people greatly for small mistakes. Emperor Akbar was getting old. Because of this, he became angry and wrathful and inflicted great punishment on the people. This story is also about that. 


Now let us dive into Akbar Birbal's story of the field of gold. 


There was a beautiful flower vessel in Emperor Akbar's room. The flower vessel was very special to Akbar. He cherished it so much that he even kept an attendant to clean the vessel. 


One day, he was cleaning the vessel. The vessel suddenly fell from the attendant's hand and broke. Under such circumstances, the attendant was very scared. He could not understand what he was going to do. For he knew that the vessel was very dear to Emperor Akbar. He gathered up the broken vessel and put them in a bag so that no one could see them. 


After a while, Emperor Akbar came to his room and did not see the vessel. Then he said to his soldiers, "Soldiers! Soldier! Come at once." The soldier hurriedly asked Emperor Akbar, "Yes, Jahanpana. There used to be a vessel here. Have you seen anyone holding it?" Emperor Akbar said to the soldier. No, no one has ever moved from here. But yes, your attendant was cleaning it." Bring that attendant to me at once." Emperor Akbar ordered his soldiers. The soldier immediately ran and brought his attendant. 


Seeing the attendant, Emperor Akbar asked him, "Have you cleaned that vessel? He asked. Yes, Huzoor, I took it to clean it." The attendant said. So where is the vessel?" Seeing Emperor Akbar's anger, the attendant was very afraid and told him the truth: "I am sorry, it was broken by mistake.


Emperor Akbar said “That vessel could have fallen out of someone's hand by mistake. I would have forgiven you for this. But you have lied to me. I will not forgive you for this. Go, and I will punish you by exposing you. Go from this country. Do not even try to come here again." Then the attendant left, weeping. 


The next day, Emperor Akbar told his people about the incident at a meeting. Emperor Akbar said that above all lying was very wrong and that he did not like lying at all. Hearing this, all the people started shouting "yes" to Akbar's words. Everyone began to say, "You are right. You are right." But Mahesh Das popularly known as Birbal was sitting quietly. 


Seeing Birbal, Emperor Akbar asked him, "What is it, Birbal? What's the matter. Don't you think I have done right? Have you ever lied to me?" Yes, I have lied sometimes. I have never lied to hurt anyone, and I have never lied for anyone else. We have all lied for one reason or another. " When Emperor Akbar heard Birbal's statement, he immediately became angry and said, "Birbal lied, I don't want a minister who lies. I can't stand my minister being a liar!" 


Having said this, the emperor removed Birbal from the post of the minister and asked him to leave the assembly. Birbal listened to the emperor like a good citizen and left. 



Birbal went home thinking that Emperor Akbar was punishing him very much for a small matter. Then Birbal started thinking of an idea to see Emperor Akbar. It was then that he got the idea. He had spike of wheat in his hand. Then Birbal called his attendant and ordered him, "You must go to the market and find out who is the best goldsmith? When you find him, give him this spike of wheat and tell him to make a spike of wheat in gold exactly the same as the one I am giving you. Birbal's attendant did exactly what Birbal had told him to do. He went to the market and from the goldsmith, he got a wheat spike made of gold and gave it to Birbal. 


The next day, Birbal brought it to Emperor Akbar. Seeing Birbal, Emperor Akbar said to him, "Birbal, why are you showing me your face here? I have forbidden you to come here."Birbal said: "I am sorry. I'm sorry. But I am also a citizen of this country. I want to see this country grow well. I have something to make our country the richest country in the world." Hearing this, the king asked him, "Well, if you do, please tell me openly what it is. First, Birbal showed Emperor Akbar the gold spike and told him, It was given to me by a very great monk. He told me that you should go to the most fertile land in the country. If you sow it there, you will have golden wheat and field of Gold and Silver." Hearing this, all those present at the meeting were stunned and even Emperor Akbar began to wonder if this could happen? To dispel his doubts, the emperor asked Bábár, "What do you think?


Birbal quickly replied. At first, I thought the same thing, but then I saw the monk performing miracles. Then I understood that the monk was not lying. He was a very wonderful monk. After hearing Birbal's words, the emperor was shocked and agreed. Tomorrow I will go immediately and find the best fertile land and sow this golden wheat there."


"There is no need to do this. I have already found the land."


Again Birbal told everyone the address of the place and said that everyone should come there tomorrow. The emperor ordered everyone to be there tomorrow.


The next day, all the ministers, people, Akbar and Babar showed up there. Birbal showed the land to everyone. After seeing the land, Emperor Akbar said to Birbal, "Birbal, take this seed and plant it here”.


Sorry, I forgot to tell you one thing that only people who have never lied can plant and you know that I have lied a lot. I can't plant this seed." Birbal told Emperor Akbar.


Hearing this, Emperor Akbar said to the others, "Anyone who has not lied come here and plant this seed."


After Emperor Akbar's order, no one stepped forward. Emperor Akbar was stunned to see this and realized that all of them had lied, they were all liars!


Seeing all this, Birbal said to Emperor Akbar, "Everybody has lied sometime or the other. That is why no one comes forward. Next, let's do one thing. You should plant this seed in the ground Jahanpana."


"Hey! I can't plant it." Emperor Akbar said.


"Why not?" Babar asked.


'I too lied when I was a child. So I can't plant this seed either." Emperor Akbar said.


Yes, I was going to tell you the same thing that day. We have all lied at some time. We all need to lie sometimes to not hurt the feelings of others and it is not wrong to do so. If we lie to harm someone or to do evil to someone, we are wrong." 


After the explanation, Emperor Akbar's eyes were opened and he realized his mistake. After this Emperor Akbar returned his position to Birbal and also called his attendant back.




No comments:

Post a Comment